https://valleyadultdayservices.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/valleyadultdayservices.png 0 0 PortervilleADS https://valleyadultdayservices.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/valleyadultdayservices.png PortervilleADS2020-06-02 12:18:502020-07-22 13:31:46Daily Care & Activities
Choosing the activity
- Keep the person’s skills and abilities in mind.
- Pay special attention to what the person enjoys.
- Consider if the person begins activities without direction.
- Be aware of physical problems.
- Focus on enjoyment, not achievement.
- Encourage involvement in daily life.
- Relate activity to work life.
- Look for favorites.
- Consider time of day.
- Adjust activities to disease stages.
- Help get the activity started.
- Offer support and supervision.
- Concentrate on the process, not the result.
- Be flexible.
- Break activities into simple, easy-to-follow steps.
- Assist with difficult parts of the task.
- Let the individual know he or she is needed.
- Make the connection.
- Don’t criticize or correct the person.
- Encourage self expression.
- Involve the person through conversation.
- Substitute an activity for a behavior.
- Try again later.